Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012
I’ve just updated my appearances page in include my UK paperback tour. It includes two events at the Hay Festival, which I’m very excited about, as well as terrific evenings at the Bristol Festival of Ideas, Topping Books and the Twickenham Library.
In other news, I recently wrote an essay for NPR about a long-time favorite book of mine, Elizabeth von Arnim’s Enchanted April. It was such a pleasure for me to get to write about it, and I hope that you enjoy the piece.
There are just a few days left before I head off to the UK for the Orange Prize shortlist events, so I am busily repacking. Given all the traveling, Myth of the Week has been on hiatus for the past week, but I promise that I have a good one coming very soon. The pits of Tartarus aren’t just for men anymore…
Reviews“A startlingly original work of art by an incredibly talented new novelist... a book I could not put down.” Ann Patchett, author of the Orange Prize-winning Bel Canto
- Exciting shortlist news! Mass Book and UK Independent Bookseller Awards
- Update: India
- Signed copies of The Song of Achilles–Year Round!
- Reflections on 2012, traveling and the Orange Prize
- In Praise of Literary Adaptations
- My Year in Reading
- Reflections on 2012, Book Recommendations and New Essays
- Signed Copies of The Song of Achilles
- General news
- Shortlisted for Stonewall