Sunday, October 2nd, 2011. I am home again after an absolutely terrific tour abroad, including a launch party hosted by the marvelous Clerkenwell Tales in London. It was such a treat to get to meet the owner, Peter Ho–it is truly a place “run by booklovers, for booklovers.”
After London, I headed off to South Africa, including a stop in Johannesburg, where I had a terrific dinner with some wonderful managers of Exclusive Books shops. Then on to Cape Town and the Open Book Festival, which was fabulous. So many great events and people, not to mention the gorgeous location. Also, I tasted my first paw-paw.
Reviews“A startlingly original work of art by an incredibly talented new novelist... a book I could not put down.” Ann Patchett, author of the Orange Prize-winning Bel Canto
- Exciting shortlist news! Mass Book and UK Independent Bookseller Awards
- Update: India
- Signed copies of The Song of Achilles–Year Round!
- Reflections on 2012, traveling and the Orange Prize
- In Praise of Literary Adaptations
- My Year in Reading
- Reflections on 2012, Book Recommendations and New Essays
- Signed Copies of The Song of Achilles
- General news
- Shortlisted for Stonewall